Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Week 26

Hey everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS! I Hope everyone is having a grand ol' time as they head into Christmas week! I am so excited because I get to call my family! One of the hardest parts about being on a mission is not being able to talk to my parents or anyone in my family whenever I please to. It's really good because it keeps us focused on the work, but it still makes it hard. Oh well. I love it. =)

So this week was without a doubt the hardest and worst week of my mission. EVERYTHING that we had set up with investigators, potential investigators, less-active members, and even with some members fell through. We'd show up at their house and they weren't there or they got called into work or everything had piled up but either way just about everyone had an excuse. And most of the people we talk to simply don't have the time to listen to us and will blow us off and tell us to come back after the New Year. While that means we will be busy this next month, it makes the work extremely hard this week. Still, we have somethings set up so we are definitely praying as hard as we can that everything will go through or that there will be a reasonable excuse (besides not being there). However, I learned that such is life in the field sometimes and we have to move on and keep expecting miracles to come, even if they aren't there that instant.

I know this is a short letter, but in closing let's not forget the reason we truly celebrate Christmas. It is to celebrate the birth of the Savior and the important role he plays in our lives, as it is only through Him that we truly can be saved. Although I am many miles away, I love all of you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Love,

Elder Grondel

No comments: