Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 36



Hey y'all!! It's been another wonderful week here in the great state of Texas! And guess what? I'm getting transferred! The call came in Saturday morning and I'm getting moved tomorrow morning. I'm still going to be a district leader in my new area, so it should be a lot of fun wherever I am going. I'm gonna be sad to leave, as I've really grown to love it here, but it will be exciting.

So as you know AJ and Cindy are getting baptized this weekend!! I am so excited and thankfully I will be able to come back to Allen to see it happen. I love them so much and in a year I'll be able to go to the temple with them to see them get sealed. It's gonna be great! They are so ready for it and they went to the temple on Saturday to look around and feel the Spirit there and they loved it. It's going to be hard leaving them the most I think, but I know they have made the right decision and will be amazing. It was really cool on Thursday, though, because President Smith and his wife came teaching with us! They had met AJ and Cindy at a Stake conference and agreed to go with us when we invited them. He should be at the baptism on Saturday as well. It was really cool!!

Lawson is still doing great as well. He's working on quitting smoking and has done better than he has ever done before. It is really helping him a lot and it's awesome to see him progressing. I'm going to miss him too, but I know I'll see him again.

We met this really cool guy named Todd a couple of weeks ago. He is a really spiritual guy who has taken upon himself the Nazarite Vow (Numbers chapter 6) so he's got a beard down to about the middle of his chest. It's really cool! He's been to Israel several times and he's just really cool. He came to church yesterday and had a great time there as well. He enjoyed talking about the priesthood and lineage and all of that. I'm gonna miss him and I hope he follows the spirit and gets baptized.

Sadly, Brandi and her family all dropped off. They are really hard to get a hold of and see and we went over there the other night and they said they didn't want us to try stopping by anymore. It was sad, but we've got to move on and keep pressing forward.

We have good news with the Ramirez family: Susana had her baby!! It's a beautiful baby girl and we are so excited for them. They are a family that I'm going to miss, but it will all work out. We are probably going to have some Spanish Elders to help us with the teaching so they can go to the Spanish Branch in McKinney, so it should be good for them.

Well that's really all I have this week. Nothing else very exciting has happened. I hope all is going well for y'all!!


Love,

Elder Grondel


P.S. I found out that I'm not supposed to make my address publicly known, so if you would like to send a letter or anything, please send it to:
Elder Grondel
Texas Dallas Mission
13747 Montfort Dr. Suite 120
Dallas, TX 75240

They will forward it on to me. Thanks!

No comments: