Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 42

Hey y'all!! It's been another great week here in beautiful East Texas!! And it really is beautiful right now. The weather is mid-70's and everything is in full bloom. It's great! but because of that, I am suffering from the worst allergies ever! I never had allergies before Texas, and they tell everyone that if you didn't have them before you'll get them when you get here. But it's starting to get better so we'll see what happens.

So for the big news: Elder Davis is getting transferred! He'll be going back to Dallas tonight and then I get my new companion tomorrow!! It will be exciting to see what happens and who I get. I'm gonna miss Elder Davis, but I always love a change.

So in case y'all don't know already, we live with our stake president here, and his mother-in-law passed away on Thursday night, so the funeral was today. We were invited and went and it was a beautiful service. I was really uplifted by it, and couldn't help but be happy in the knowledge of the plan of salvation. I thought of Grandpa Behunin the entire time, which was hard, but at the same time, I had the Spirit whispering to me that he is in a better place, and there is nothing to worry about or to be sad about. We will see him again.

So this week, we found a couple new people to teach and they are getting baptized!! They are set to get baptized on May 15 and are really awesome. Chance is in his 20's or 30's and is really awesome and searching. He is planning on moving to Louisiana before he gets baptized, however, so we'll have to see what we can do. The other man is a guy named Carlton and he is in his 60's and smokes a lot, but he seems really sincere and we will be working hard with him.

Sorry this one is short but I have to do a bunch today to get my companion off and ready. Love you all and have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Grondel

No comments: