Thursday, June 18, 2009

June 18, 2009

Family and friends,

So much has happened since last week. Friday I got my travel plans!! I plan to fly out to Dallas Monday morning. The saddest part is we're losing half our district when we fly there, because Elders Shreeve, Johnson, and Bench and Sister Fielding are going to the Fort Worth Mission. It will still be amazing, though, and hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch.

Our teachers continue to be great, but sadly we had to say goodbye to Brother McNeil because he is going to start school at Arizona State and is getting married. His Fiancee is awesome though, and I think he will be great...I'm just not sure he realizes the impact he had on me and many others here at the MTC. Our new teacher is Brother Vallett, and I think he will be very good for our class.

The Teaching Resource Center (TRC) is a great thing, but it continues to be nerve racking as we prepare to teach people. Thankfully Elder Williams and I have really gained a better sense of unity, but we still have room to improve. Later, we went to the Teacher Evaluation center (TEC) and were taught more things there. I cannot believe how much the teachers know here.

Elder Williams continues to amaze me. His ability to learn the gospel is unmatched, and his testimony and spirit grow each day. He is going to be one of the best missionaries in the field. I continue to learn and solidify my teaching, but I have also learned I cannot be effective unless I rely on the Spirit. I am trying, but I was never very good at it to begin with, so hopefully I will become better as I pray and continue to put forth the effort.

The last thing I want to talk about is the importance of temple work. For the worthy members, I would ask that you make an extra effort to get to the temple as often as possible. It will bless your life and the lives of hundreds of thousands who are waiting for their temple work to be done. For members that are having problems, I implore you to use the cleansing power of repentance and become worthy to enter the temple and receive the blessings thereof. For those who are not of this faith, I would love to have you look at the church and what we believe. I can promise you that if you truly look into the church with an open heart and mind, you will find the truth and feel the love of our Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ.

I love and pray for each and every one of you. May the Lord bless you.

Elder Grondel

No comments: