Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 11, 2009

Hey!  So as it turns out I do have an email that I can use.  So hi!  So far it has been awesome here and I am loving almost every minute of it.  I hate the minutes early in the morning (right after 6:30) but other than that it's great.  My companion's name is Elder Milton Williams.  He's from Orderville, Utah and is one of the greatest people I have ever met.  He's a bit of a hick, but I couldn't have asked for a better companion.  He has an extremely strong testimony and sets such a good example for me.  He says he's never read the Book of Mormon all the way through but his faith is unshakeable.  He knows what truth is.  

My roommates are Elders Skyler Brooksby and Jake Hall.  Both of them are hilarious and know their stuff; they're also both from Utah so I'm really the odd one out in our room.  In our district, we have four other Elders, Elders Bench, Wood, Johnson, and Shreeve.  Elder Shreeve is the district leader and is honestly one of the best peolpe I have met.  He knows the gospel cold and he's such a valiant person.  It's almost overkill, but I love him.  We also have two sister missionaries, Sisters Lund and Fielding.  They're the greatest companionship because they are either polar opposites or exactly the same...mainly polar though.  It's so much fun to be around them.  
The District is great, but it's sad because Elders Johnson, Shreeve, and Bench and Sister Lund are going to Fort Worth, and the rest of us are going to Dallas.  We've only been here a week, and we're already a family.  It's going to be sad to not be able to see them after the MTC.  

We have two amazing teachers: Brother McNeil and Brother Phipps.  They are walking scripture and Preach My Gospel dictionaries.  They know what people need to hear and the most effective ways to teach.  I couldn't ask for better teachers.  

We're going to the temple today and I'm so excited!!  It's been two weeks since I last went, and I've decided that is way too long...sadly I think I'm going to have to get used to it.  It's doubtful I'll be able to go to the Dallas temple a lot considering the massiveness of my mission area.  

This place is incredible.  2,000 men and women are preparing to serve the Lord in ways most people don't understand.  The Spirit is amazing here and I cannot begin to describe some of the things I have felt here already.  Elder David Bednar came to a devotional on Tuesday night and gave an amazing talk...I just wish it could have been recorded. It was wonderful.  

Well, that's all from me! I miss you and love you all!!!

God Bless,
Elder Jeffrey Douglas Grondel

No comments: