Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 6, 2009

Hey y'all!! This week went really well. Elder Smith and I have been blessed with people willing to learn about the Gospel. I have really enjoyed working with him so far and I'm really sad he's gonna be going home in August. He knows so much about the gospel and is an excellent teacher. I love having him as a companion and friend.

This weekend was awesome. Not only was it "Uhmerica Day", We also had a family get baptized: Delia and her two sons, Michael and Adrian. They were confirmed yesterday in church and they are so happy now to be a part of the church. Sadly, Michael is moving out to California to live with his Dad next week, so we won't get to see much more of him before he leaves.

Melissa and Logan Lewis are way stoked about the church. Logan is only 8 but he wants to be baptized so badly. Melissa is definitely feeling it too, but wants her son Branden and Her husband Kelly to join her as well, so we'll be teaching all of them (hopefully) over the next few weeks.

We haven't been able to find many new investigators lately, sadly enough. It's just hard because most people leave Little Elm to go work somewhere else, considering Little Elm is pretty small (less than 30,000 people). I love it though and I'm really happy so far.

On the more embarrassing side, Friday night, I decided it would be a great idea to spill water on myself...while at a member's home, with ice cold water. Needless to say, I was fairly embarrassed. Of course, then I get a brain freeze a few minutes later and it hurts so bad I don't even notice everyone else is laughing at me. Then the next day after the baptism, as I was sitting down to eat at the Golden Corral, my pocket got caught on the chair somehow and I ripped my pants...yeah that was annoying. As you can see, it's been hard, but it's been good ;)

I love you all and miss you too!!

Elder Jeffrey Douglas Grondel

No comments: