Friday, April 8, 2011

Week 92

Hey there y'all! It's been another week here in Texas! This week was a little bit slower. We really didn't find anyone new to teach and because we baptized Jared and Ashlyn, we didn't get to teach a lot of lessons. However, we did get to meet with Lauren a couple times, and it's amazing to see the change that has taken place just in the last week. Last Saturday, she said she was a little concerned with everything, but this week we taught about baptism and what it means and had a really powerful lesson last night and she is doing really good. She is set for baptism on April 9th and we are looking way forward to it. We also got her connected with another single mom in the ward named Amy and she has been way good for her. Amy is very solid and has a lot of faith and it has really helped Lauren a lot.
That's really it for investigators, but the best and biggest news of the week is what happened on Friday night. I was able to go to the temple and see AJ and Cindy Harty sealed for tome and for all eternity in the Dallas Texas Temple. Elder Hardy and Elder Moses were there, too. President Smith and Sister Smith were also there, as they were part of their teaching process and it was great to see them there. It was so powerful. I couldn't help but smile most of the time. I did cry for a little bit, but most of the time I just couldn't stop smiling. I forgot my camera so I can't send pictures but next week I'll send a picture of everyone that was there that night. Tons of people from the Allen 6th ward were there as well in support and there was probably 40 or 50 people total! it was really cool. I love the Temple!!
Well, that's about it for this week. Have a great week y'all!!
Love,
Elder Grondel

No comments: