Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 96

Hey there y'all!! It's been another great week here in Texas! We did a lot of hard work and found a few new people to teach with a lot of potential. And the big news...Elder Frost is getting transferred! I will get a new companion tomorrow and I am excited to be staying here.
This Monday we visited a family that we tracted into last week and it went pretty well; they are Catholic and see no need for a restoration of the Gospel, but they are willing to read the Book of Mormon and so we will have to find a convert with a Catholic background to fellowship with them.
Wednesday we went and saw a woman named Yolanda and we had a really good visit with her. She is Pentecostal, so it could be very interesting in the future, but it was great on Wednesday. We taught the Restoration really briefly but she got it. Right before we left, she asked, "So why are their so many churches?" Either she didn't understand the apostasy or we didn't explain it well enough, but we told her about the apostasy and how Christ's church was lost from the earth and she got really excited and said, "That makes so much sense! That is great! I'm going to read the Book of Mormon and read up on Joseph Smith!" There is a new Joseph Smith movie online as well, and so the member we were with gave her the web address and she said she would watch it. We will see how it goes!!
Mike is doing alright; he is going up to Van Alstyne this week to camp out and fast and pray about the Book of Mormon to try and get an answer. He is taking it pretty seriously and I hope he does get an answer and find out it is true.
Pranom didn't end up working out. She doesn't want us to come over anymore, but we are still going to at least try to drop off the Thai copy of the Book of Mormon to her.
We didn't get to see Sarah this week, either, but we hopefully will be able to later this week.
This week we saw a less-active member who is in the hospital recovering from a surgery and we gave her a couple blessings this week. They were some of the most powerful blessings I have given in my life. The first one I gave, and the second one Elder Frost gave. The first one, I felt like everything I said needed to be said, and in the second one, the minute our hands touched her head, I felt the power of the Spirit from the top of my head going through my arms straight to hers. It was an incredible feeling and I loved it.
This weekend we have a SWEET opportunity to hear from Elder Dallin h. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Rasband of the Presidency of the Seventy, and Elder Fluckinger, who is an area seventy here. I am way stoked and it should be super good.
That's really it for this week! I love y'all and miss y'all and hope y'all have a great week!!
Love,
Elder Grondel

P.S. just a couple pictures. The Harty's had a breakfast on Saturday for the district and so we took some pictures...I hope you enjoy them =D

No comments: