Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 85

Hey there y'all!! This week has been CRAZY! First off, I got transferred, and normally transfers are on Tuesday, but there was a really bad ice storm in the forecast, so we had to do it Monday night instead. So we frantically ran home and finished packing and I got transferred to Melissa and Farmersville in the Allen stake! Once again I am in the Allen Zone as a district leader in the same district where I was first called. I am really excited to be here, but like I said there was a crazy ice storm and it basically shut down Dallas for 4 days. Tuesday everything was covered in ice (so of course we weren't allowed to drive) and then Wednesday night and Thursday it SNOWED. Like a good 5 inches. It was ridiculous. SO we basically stayed in the apartment the whole week because we don't actually live within our area. It's only about 5-10 minutes by car, but that's about 30-45 minute walk. And when it's 14 degrees outside, you definitely don't want to be outside that long. So we went to Wal-mart because it's across the street to get a change of scenery but that's about it. Anywho, my companion's name is Elder Frost and he's a GREENIE! Well, sort of. I'm his second companion and so he's been out about 4 months. The other day, we made the scary realization that he's been out as long as I have left. O_O So I'm gonna be working hard. He's a cool elder, and I think we'll get along just fine.
Sadly I don't know who our investigators are really because we haven't had a chance to meet with them, but I'll keep you posted next week!!
I love and miss all of you!! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Grondel

No comments: