Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 86

Hey there y'all!! It's been another wonderful week here in Texas! It was quite a bit warmer this week (only one snow day) and yesterday it was a beautiful 70 degrees! Don't ask me how it works; that's just Texas for you. It's pretty weird.
There isn't too much to comment on either. There was a bunch of baptisms recently and so we really don't have anyone to teach. Right now we have a bright ray of hope, however, in a 16-year-old kid named Will. We had a really awesome lesson with him last night about the importance of the Book of Mormon and he committed to read it more diligently. He has been having a hard time reading it and so we came up with ways for him to read it more readily (putting it on his bed, etc.). What is really cool was when he described how he feels when he reads it. He said when he is reading a book like from school he has to plug his ears and be alone because he gets distracted pretty easily, but with the Book of Mormon, he said he's been in the same room as his friends when they were playing video games and he feels at ease and has no problem concentrating on the book. It was really cool. We talked a lot about the Spirit and how it feels and how he can gain an answer and know that these things are true. The Spirit was way strong and we had a powerful lesson. Now we just need to get him to church.
Other than that there isn't much. There is a family that has been worked with for a long time where the mom, Erika, hasn't been baptized, but her 3 daughters did in October. So we are working with her and will hopefully see some good things soon.
We have got a lot of potential this week. We have appointments with people we have knocked into, referrals from members, and random people calling us and asking us questions. It should be a good week.
I love you and miss all of you. Have a great week!!
Love,
Elder Grondel

Hey so I almost forgot: we had zone conference this week and guess who came through? Elder Ringwood of the Seventy! He was really good and it was amazing. He talked a lot about becoming all we can and consecrating ourselves to the Lord and to the work. Elder Ringwood taught us about the rich young man who came to Christ and asked how he could obtain eternal life. Christ listed the commandments and the young man indicated that he had obeyed all of those commandments from his youth. The scriptural account then states:
“Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: come, take up the cross, and follow me.”
As we know, at the time the young man was not willing to give it all to the Lord. He felt comfortable sacrificing, but he would not consecrate himself. So my goal now is to consecrate myself as much as I can this last part of my mission. It's scary to think about how little time I actually have left, so I can't waste any of it. I am going to take it one day at a time, me and the Lord, and together I hope to become what he wants me to be.
Again, I love you all and I pray that the Lord will shower His blessings upon you.
Love,
Elder Grondel

No comments: